Why Invest in Mauritius?
The World Bank ranked Mauritius 20th out of 190 countries worldwide, 1st in sub-Saharan Africa for ease of doing business. With a long history of economic and political stability, innovative legislation and a record of signing up to international trade agreements, Mauritius is well-placed to meet the challenges of international business. Moreover, Mauritius has Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements with over 40 countries.
Mauritius offers many advantages to investors and businesses
- Strategically located in the Indian Ocean with a favorable time zone of GMT +4 and at the crossroads of Asia and Africa.
- Access to an extensive tax treaty network.
- Quality infrastructure.
- Advanced communications infrastructure with huge investments having been made in the ICT sector.
- Opportunities to live and buy properties in Mauritius under Integrated Resort Scheme (IRS), Residential Estate Scheme (RES), Property Development Schemes (PDS) and Smart City Scheme.
- Educated, bilingual workforce.
- A wide range of international and local banks are present in the country and are regulated by the central Bank of Mauritius.
- Mauritius is a member of the African Union, Southern African Development Community (SADC), Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) & Indian Ocean RIM Association for Regional Cooperation (IOR-ARC). As a result of its membership in the COMESA, Mauritius is part of the Free Trade Area along with other African countries. Hence, all customs duties are eliminated from COMESA imports.
Meet the Team
c/o Osiris Corporate Solutions (Mauritius) Limited Chemin Vingt Pieds, 5th Floor, La Croisette, Grand Baie, Mauritius
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5pm