FFG Mauritius can assist in the smooth and streamlined setting up of corporate structures. If required, we can also help with the necessary licence applications and seek the relevant regulatory approvals to enable you to commence business operations in Mauritius.
FFG Mauritius will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of your corporate structure in Mauritius and can undertake to make all relevant statutory filings to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations and legislation.
Our services include:
- Company formation
- Provision of nominee shareholders and corporate directors
- Provision of professional directors
- Company secretarial services
- Tax advisory services
- Provision of registered offices
- Full administrative services including statutory compliance, asset transactions, insurance policies and day-to-day administration
- Compliance, statutory filings and tax returns
- Bookkeeping and accounting
- Company migration
FFG Mauritius can provide you with the following services with respect to the setting up and ongoing administration of the Trust:
- Establishment and administration of trusts;
- Provision of corporate trusteeship;
- Incorporation and administration of underlying companies;
- Bookkeeping and accounting services;
- Opening of bank accounts, custodian accounts or other investment broker accounts in and outside Mauritius;
- Liaising directly with the settlor, advisors, investment managers and beneficiaries to ensure the safeguarding of assets and for comfort as to succession arrangements;
- Trust migration; and
- Assistance in filing of tax returns
- FATCA and CRS Reporting
We offer a wide range of private equity fund administration hedge fund administration, investment and fund accounting services to Mauritius-registered offshore funds.
Our tailored services are designed by our fund administration team to meet your specific requirements. We are committed to providing you with the best service and advice at every stage.
As a management company (administrator), we can take responsibility for the day-to-day administration of your offshore fund in Mauritius and make all required statutory filings with the Mauritian regulatory bodies.
- Fund Formation
- Administration services for funds domiciled outside Mauritius
- Preparation and/or review of fund offering documents
- Arranging and forwarding of applications to relevant regulatory authorities
- Coordinating the preparation and execution of agreements with advisers, investment managers and other service providers
- Establishment of bank and custodial accounts
Accounting and Administration Services
We provide focused technical assistance on accounting standards and trust accounting.
Our suite of services for Global Business Companies (GBC), Authorised Companies (AC) and Trust entities includes:
- Maintaining books and records;
- Preparation of annual/monthly financial statements;
- Managing the implementation of fund accounting policies and fund operational procedures;
- Posting of ledgers, Trial Balance reconciliation, data gathering and analysis on a yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly basis;
- IFRS reporting and delivery of statutory FS;
- Preparation of Consolidated FS; Solvency test computation;
- Calculation and payment of service providers’ fees (e.g. investment management and performance fees);
- Liaison with custodians to process settlement of sales and purchases of securities;
- Preparation of portfolio valuation reports, capital account statements and any other relevant reports;
- Coordination of year-end audits;
- Assistance in preparing the necessary disclosure and reporting documents, including pro-forma financial statements;
- Responding to queries from the MRA, FSC and other authorities, regarding accounts preparation and VAT; and
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies.
Compliance and AML Services
We are mandated (as per the Prevention of Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing Code) to perform a full Customer Due Diligence (CDD) check on all our clients prior to onboarding.
We can further assist our clients in fulfilling their Anti Money Laundering (AML) or Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) requirements as follows:
- Advise on Know your Client (KYC) /AML/CFT requirements in accordance with the laws of Mauritius;
- Preparation of a compliance report on a yearly basis or upon request to report on the clients’ compliance with the conditions attached to their licence and the local regulatory framework;
- Monitoring compliance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Communicating with regulators; and
- Communicating with auditors and any other stakeholders.
Our services include:
- International tax planning advice and monitoring of tax compliance;
- Tax computation and returns including annual tax filing and Advance Payment System of Tax (APS);
- VAT registration and returns;
- PAYE registration and returns;
- Tax deduction at source (“TDS”) computation and returns; and
- Arranging for review of agreements to ensure tax compliance and issuing of tax opinions if required.
Business Process Outsourcing Services
- Recording of transactions on accounting software (based on traditional double entry bookkeeping);
- Preparation of management accounts and detailed financial statements for investment holding companies, trusts and partnerships according to clients’ requirements;
- Preparation of financial statements under FRS 102 “The Financial Reporting Standard Applicable in the UK and Republic of Ireland”, Singapore FRS and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards);
- Payroll processing;
- Annual audit assistance;
- Solvency test computations;
- Cash flow forecasts and budgets; and
- Other secretarial and administrative services.
- Registration of the company as employer with the NPF (National Pension Fund), the Tax Authorities and Data Protection Office.
- Payroll services for employees of the company including preparation of monthly salary slips, monthly calculation and payment of all regulatory deductions (PAYE, NPF), yearly filing of Employee Declaration Forms and yearly preparation of Statement of Emoluments.
The FFG Mauritius team can assist you with relocating/retiring/setting up an office in Mauritius.
Our offering includes assisting with:
- Work, residence and retirement permits;
- Property rental and purchase;
- Setting up offices; and
- Family relocation